AT VIVID TECHNOLOGY WE TAKE YOUR PRIVACY VERY SERIOUSLY
Personal data protection is a crucial element in the development of all of our products and services, and understanding how important your privacy is, we aim for complete transparency in the way that we deal with your personal data.
Respect for your privacy guides the way we choose our business partners, design our products and services, and deal with your personal data. Whether you are a shareholder, customer, or business partner, we manage your data according to your preferences and business requirements and ensure that you maintain control over how your data is managed, processed, and stored.
Our Global Privacy Officer is committed to managing privacy and data protection regulations across the globe and supports the entire company to promote the reliable use of personal data and to ensure complete compliance with privacy requirements.
We respect your right to privacy and your privacy is very important to us at Vivid Technology.
- when you visit or use our consumer and customer-directed websites, applications or social media channels;
- purchase and use our products, services, systems or applications;
- subscribe to our newsletters;
- provide to us your goods or services;
- contact our customer support;
- join our business events;
or otherwise interact with us in your capacity as consumer, business customer, partner, (sub) supplier, contractor or other person with a business relationship with us.
WHO IS VIVID TECHNOLOGY?
As Vivid Technology, we are a global organisation leader in the intelligent lighting market with a unique competitive position and recognised expertise in the development, manufacturing and application of innovative intelligent lighting products, systems and services.
WHAT TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Depending on who you are (e.g. customer, consumer, supplier, business partner, etc.) and how you interact with us (e.g. online, offline, over the phone, etc.) we may process different data about you. We may collect your data, for example, when you visit or use our consumer and customer-directed websites, applications or social media channels, purchase and use our products, services, systems or applications, subscribe to our newsletters, download a software update, provide to us your goods or services, contact our customer support, join our business events, participate to our contests, promotions and surveys or otherwise interact with us.
Below you will find an overview of the categories of data that we may collect:
Information you provide to us directly
|Categories Of Data||Examples Of Types Of Data|
|Personal Identification Data||Name, surname, title, date of birth|
|Contact Information Data||Email, phone number, address, country|
|Account Log In Information||Log in ID, password or other security codes|
|Images And/Or Videos From Which You May Be Identified||Pictures uploaded into Vivid Technology accounts or otherwise provided to us|
|Financial Data||Credit card data, bank account data|
|Any Other Information That You Decide To Voluntarily Share With Vivid Technology Or Its Affiliates||Feedback, opinions, reviews, comments, uploaded files, interests, information provided for our due diligence process|
Lastly, if you visit our premises, for security reasons we might also record your data through video or other electronic, digital or wireless surveillance system or device (e.g. CCTV).
Information we collect automatically
When you visit or use our websites or applications, subscribe to our newsletters or otherwise interact with us through our digital channels, in addition to the information you provide to us directly, we may collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. For example, we may collect:
|Categories of data||Examples of types of data|
|Device information||Hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and settings of the device you use to access the services|
|Log information||Time and duration of your use of our digital channel or product|
|Location information||Your actual location (derived from your IP address or other location-based technologies), that may be collected when you enable location-based products or features such as through our apps|
|Other information about your use of our digital channels or products||Apps you use or websites you visit, links you click within our advertising e-mail, motion sensors data|
Information we may collect from other sources
To the extent permitted by applicable law, in addition to our websites, applications and other digital channels, we may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, depending on your social media settings, if you choose to connect your social media account to your Vivid Technology account, certain data from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include data that is part of your profile.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We may use your data for different legitimate reasons and business purposes.
Below you will find an overview of the purposes for which we may process your data:
|Assessment and (re)screening of (potential) Customers, Suppliers and/or Business Partners||Conducting due diligence|
|Conclusion and execution of agreements||Sales, billing, shipment of products or services, registration to mobile applications or websites, warranty, service communications, account management|
|Providing support (upon your request)||Providing support via communication channels, such as customer or contact center support|
|Direct marketing||Promoting contact with consumers and/or business customers (only in certain countries), email marketing, market surveys, personalizing your experience by presenting products and offers tailored to you (such as on our sites, applications or in other communications)|
|Security and protection of our interests/assets||Deploying and maintaining technical and organizational security measures, conducting internal audits and investigations, conducting assessments to verify conflict of interests|
|Compliance with legal obligations||Disclosing data to government institutions or supervisory authorities as applicable in all countries in which we operate, such as tax and national insurance deductions, record-keeping and reporting obligations, conducting compliance audits, compliance with government inspections and other requests from government or other public authorities, responding to legal process such as subpoenas, pursuing legal rights and remedies, and managing any internal complaints or claims|
|Defense of legal claims||Establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims to which we are or may be subject|
|Product development||To improve the services, products and communications we provide.|
If we ask you to provide us with your data, but you chose not to, in some cases we will not be able to provide you with the full functionality of our products, services, systems or applications. Also, we might not be able to respond to requests you might have.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA FOR MARKETING?
Vivid Technology and other relevant Vivid Technology affiliates may send you regular promotional communications about their products, services, events and promotions.
Such promotional communications may use the “VIVID TECHNOLOGY” “MATRIXX®” “KLARITY®” “Save&Share®” brand and may be sent to you via different channels such as: email, phone, SMS text messages, postal mailings, third party social networks.
In order to provide you with the best personalised experience, sometimes these communications may be tailored to your preferences (for example, as you indicate these to us, as we may have inferred from your website visits, or based on the links you click in our emails).
When required by applicable law, we will ask your consent before starting the above activities.
In addition, we will give you the opportunity to withdraw your consent (opt-out) at any time.
In particular, you can always opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each email. If you can sign-in to a Vivid Technology account, you might be given the option to change your communication preferences under the relevant section of our website or application. You can always contact us (you will find the contact details in the below section “what are your choices?”) to opt-out from receiving marketing-related communications.
ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
In order to be able to process your data, we may rely on different legal bases, including:
- Your consent (only when legally required or permitted). If we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your data, you may withdraw your consent at any time;
- The necessity to establish a contractual relationship with you and to perform our obligations under a contract;
- The necessity for us to comply with legal obligations and to establish, exercise, or defend our self from legal claims;
- The necessity to pursue our legitimate interests, including:
- To ensure that our networks and information are secure
- To administer and generally conduct business within Vivid Technology
- To prevent or investigate suspected or actual violations of law, breaches of a business customer contract, or non-compliance with the Vivid Technology General Business Principles or other Vivid Technology policies;
- The necessity to respond to your requests;
- The necessity to protect the vital interests of any person;
- Any other legal basis anyhow permitted by local laws.
WHEN DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We do not share any of your data except in the limited cases described here.
- Vivid Technology affiliates: due to our global nature, your data may be shared with certain Vivid Technology affiliates. Access to your data within Vivid Technology will be granted on a need-to-know basis;
- Service providers: like many businesses, we may outsource certain data processing activities to trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as ICT service providers, consulting providers, shipping providers;
- Business partners: we may share your data with trusted business partners so they can provide you with the services you request;
- Public and governmental authorities: when required by law, or as necessary to protect our rights, we may share your data with entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over Vivid Technology.
- Professional advisors and others: we may share your data with other parties including professional advisors, such as banks, insurance companies, auditors, lawyers, accountants, other professional advisors.
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions: we may also, from time to time, share your data in the course of corporate transactions, such as during a sale of a business or a part of a business to another company, or any reorganisation, merger, joint venture, or other disposition of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
WHEN DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA ABROAD?
If you are located in a country member of the European Economic Area, we may transfer your data to countries located outside of the European Economic Area. Some of these countries are recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection. With regard to transfers from the European Economic Area to other countries that are not are recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection, we have put in place adequate measures to protect your data, such as organisational and legal measures.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We keep your data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it has been collected. Please keep in mind that in certain cases a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- How long is the data needed to provide you with our products or services or to operate our business?
- Do you have an account with us? In this case, we will keep your data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide the services to you.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR DATA?
To protect your data, we will take appropriate measures that are consistent with applicable data protection and data security laws and regulations, including requiring our service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your data. Depending on the costs of the implementation and the nature of the data to be protected, we put in place technical and organisational measures to prevent risks such as destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your data.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
We aim to provide you with access to your data. Usually you can autonomously control your data (e.g. by logging in to your account) and update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it. In this case, we strongly encourage you to take control of your data.
You can always contact our Privacy Office if you would like to:
- review, change or delete the data you have supplied us with (to the extent Vivid Technology is not otherwise permitted or required to keep such data);
- object to certain data processing operations (e.g., opt-out from marketing communications);
- receive a copy of your data (in a common machine readable format, to the extent it is required by applicable law);
- ask us any other questions related to the protection of your data in Vivid Technology
The contact details of our Privacy Officer are:
- Mail: Vivid Technology – Attn: Privacy Officer, Vivid Technology Limited – Po Box 24, Collins Street West, Vic 8007
- Online: firstname.lastname@example.org please label e-mail “Privacy Officer – Privacy Request”.
We will do our best to address your request in time and free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. In certain cases, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may then refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES?
DO WE COLLECT DATA FROM CHILDREN?
We do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 16.
- Special note to Children under the age of 16: if you are under the age of 16, we advise that you speak with and get your parent or guardian’s consent before sharing your data with us;
- Special note to Parents of Children under the age of 16: we recommend you to check and monitor your children’s use of our products, systems, services, applications (including websites and other digital channels) in order to make sure that your child does not share personal data with us without asking your permission.